Comment on page
Asset Properties Standard
One of the main reasons for adhering to standards is that most marketplaces need to parse the properties in order to display them nicely.
The following are the main things to take into account:
- 1.mandatory fields:
- 2.strongly-suggested extra field:
image. For future-proofness, it shall be a pointer to an ipfs route, so that anyone, including the owner of the asset, can upload to ipfs at any point in the future.
- 3.to associate a video or music file, just place it in the
imagefield may then be used as a thumbnail for such content.
- 4.any further properties should go under the
attributesfield, in the form of an array. Each entry in the array must contain:
- the name of the property under
- the value of the property under
value. If the value is a string, place it between ""; if it is numeric, no need.
Here is an example of an asset's typical JSON:
"name": "Supercool Dragon",
"description": "Legendary creature that loves fire.",